Saturday, October 3, 2009

Religion Controversies


Yup.
Its quite a common scenario. quite common...until it happens in a class-room
One of my teachers happens to be a Muslim. ( no offense)
He is THE BEST teacher ever. He can make the most difficult derivations a child's play.
Again, he is THE BEST teacher.
When we are out of lessons , a little time is spared for chit-chatting now and then. These times are most awaited and looked out for. Many a time, we've had conversations on "Muslims are not terrorists" and "America is all Lying" I agree. I do agree when it comes from THE BEST teacher.
But it happened today that a religion-issue was raised.

He happens to say that there is only one God and that is GOD. ( it took a while for me to understand as well)
Also, he points that God should not have any family ( crashing against the Christian theory) and we don't need different gods for different jobs ( which I totally agree)
He says Traditions are stupid and people who put forth them are stupid as well.
He wants us to change the tradition, do something different than what our generations did.

Going in for a tradition- change would be simply great, as long as it doesn't affect our cultural integrity. A little bit of values from here- a little bit form there- mix it all together and you are with what you like and you call it yourname-anism and you are happy. Fine.
Would it be acceptable in a community?.
You would be weighed no less than a good-for-nothing-brat whiling away time by some religion-theories.
Religion is you Right. As long as it is only with you.

Back to the classroom story,

My real appreciations to this guy in my class who took up all the courage to stand up and tell that " Sir, I don't agree".

I don't either.

Whatever he told proved directly opposite to what We'd learned in our scripture classes the very morning. And my mind is joggling both sides.

And Who has time to think of this when I have My Physics and Chemistry records to write and my Math assignments to do which are due Monday?

And yes, I do put forth this question for you, Would you like a transition?
Bye till then!



3 comments:

Vishnu Vardhanan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vishnu Vardhanan said...

Short but sweet post.Regarding the question which surfaced in ur class,i feel that its not necessary to completely shed the tradition we follow as long as it leads you to a right path.But it is important not to thrust religion upon others.Relinquishing traditions will lead to collapse and chaos which we are seeing in other countries.

http://vishnu24.blogspot.com

DramaQueen said...

Yes. I agree with your opinion. The traditional values come a long way and in most cases guide an individual on the everyday phases of life. It serves as a perfect inspiration and motivation. And as our democracy says, it is ones own will to practice and confess any religion and therefore enforcing in opinions is not going to help!

Thanks for the feedback!