Wednesday, March 24, 2010

When the Choice is Yours...........


Every time I had a decision to make, I never had much of a choice..or may be, I didn't want any!

When I had to buy something, my choice always rested on Mom or Dad.
When, the choice was good, the choice-maker was forgotten,
and when it went awry, I could instantly turn up ," Amma, its all your fault"
I'd always refrained from making choices..From the simplest thing to the most complicated one.

And now, I have this very confusing yet important choice to make!

What am I going to do after 12th grade??

I definitely don't want to end up wasting those 4 precious years with engineering...rather, i am totally uninterested with the idea of engineering. I still wonder whether it was a wrong choice to have selected this Science group in 11th. I have gone gone easy with commerce. But I hate Commerce too..More than Science I should say :(

I am interested with computers. but, that still doesn't mean I want to do engineering! a
It has always been my wish rather ambition, to do Journalism. I loved this "divine" profession. And this involves writing, which would be the best thing which I would ever want to do.
When I Joined YOCee and Adyar Times as a student reporter, I was as if, my wish had come true!
My interest was then, more on writing rather reporting. But I still love to report.
I'd write on all sort of things that came to my mind. And I enjoyed writing more than anything else. And I am also working on a Fiction piece now.
The reason, I liked writing rather than reporting was, I need to put in MY VIEW in MY WAY with MY STYLE which would never be possible in reporting. Or may be that I wasn't able to send in many reports to YOCee as i thought I would . Even if I did, It was book reviews! ( I'm sorry aunty!)
And when The Hindu Nxg Published two of my reviews, it just put me on high that I would continue writing all through my life!!
And getting back, I don't want to do engineering :( I can't do anything else other than to keep saying this!
My dad never compels me on this. He definitely wants me to look after his Institute, which he'd built up with the utmost care and difficulty keeping in thought me, along with the future of the Institute. And I definitely would do it! For all my dad's hard work, I just need to carry on without starting all over again! And why wouldn't I? or Why wouldn't anyone?
And my mom wants me to get into Anna University...ha ha ROFL!
But this place does fascinate me!! And that made me happy! And since, people force me into this and say like, its a big thing to get into Anna Univ, I will get into this place, though I'm not interested to! Cause, its like a challenge for me! and I LOVE challenges!
And getting back to the choice thing, yea..I can definitely over come anyone and can do a Masters in English Literature or Journalism . What scares me is, what if these let me down?
If I succeed, its fine, I'll be happy! And this world, where anything else except something stable like engieering will put me down, what am i to do?
There is never a tough situation like that of making choices.

No comments: